Sunday 12 September 2010

No fun

If I have to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner by myself, I won't eat rice. No.  I never cook and eat rice for myself while I'm here.
When I tell my friends about this, they were like 'you're Asian right? you're Indonesian right?'
People! yes I am, I know my root, I respect my root, so what if I don't eat the same way as they are?

Cooking, in my opinion, is involve cutting, frying, and adding seasoning.  So I rarely cook for myself.  I prefer to eat bread or make jacket potato, cause it's easier and quick.
Open the wrapping or stab them with fork and put in the microwave for 7 minutes... voila! you have food in front of you now.  Put butter, tuna, and mayo on top if it.  Yo, dit is lekker!
Well, if I have a meeting or gathering with other Asian friends, yes I will cook.  I won't starve them, I don't want their parents call me at night and blame me for their weight-loss children.

I believe the last time I cook for my friend is mie ayam jamur, and to be honest I'm proud of myself.  Cause I never cook at home, and at that time I cooked for my friends.  Guy friends, who has big stomach and can fill it up for more than 2 portions.  So yeah, it was good, they told me :)

And the last time I cook for myself is ati ampela goreng kecap, and I was like, Gurl... you haven't loose your touch.  I made it more than twice... I know it's not healthy but I can't help it! it's too good to be missed!

I thought to myself, I can cook though, but why I don't want to cook? and I think I know why know.

I was watching this Korean movie; a tear-jerker, heart-wrenching, and fist-clencher movie; the mother lives alone after her husband passed away.  The daughter, who has her own family, curious why her mom eat kinda unhealthy food.  She was like 'why are you eating these things? you can cook for yourself'.  Her mother's answer made me nod my head and quoted it in my twitter, she said :
That's so true.

Sharing and giving is love.  Seeing others who eat the food happily gives me smile.  I prefer to eat together with friends and family, and share it.  I won't think twice in order to share my food or spend some money on it.  Money may become less, but I believe I gain more that advantageous for my after-life.  Inshallah, amin.

No comments:

your name in 'dictionary' =P

amiril rahmi faradini --
[noun]:

A deadly strain of projectiile vomit
'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com